LOWELL, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–With a mission to become a destination employer and further strengthen its position as an award-winning great place to work, Woodbine Entertainment has migrated from Kronos Workforce Central to Workforce Dimensions, the cloud-native, mobile-first, artificial intelligence-powered workforce management suite from Kronos Incorporated. The next-generation solution will help Woodbine modernize its information technology (IT) infrastructure, enhance its employee experience, and help attract and retain top talent as the organization focuses on future transformation initiatives for its multi-dimensional entertainment business.
- A world-class leader in the horse racing industry for nearly 150 years, Woodbine Entertainment is the largest operator of professional horseracing in Canada. Workforce Dimensions will streamline operations for Woodbine across property services, security, and hospitality divisions – encompassing racing, dining, and entertainment.
As a progressive employer, Woodbine is committed to delivering a flexible and empowering work environment for employees, including servers, guest experience associates, and security staff by providing:
- Best-fit schedules for employees that help them achieve greater work-life balance while using advanced scheduling capabilities within Workforce Dimensions, powered by AIMEE. This will help managers generate impactful team schedules with the right employees assigned to the right positions at the right time.
- A mobile-first solution, which will empower employees to complete tasks important to them at any time, from any device. Access to self-service capabilities will allow employees to view schedules, check accrual balances, and request time off from their smartphone with just a few clicks.
- Next-generation automation capabilities within Workforce Dimensions – and real-time, pro-active access to information such as employee attendance and time worked – will unburden managers from repetitive administrative tasks, such as data entry, enabling them to focus on higher-value activities, developing employees, and engaging with guests.
- The ability to apply the right business rules and pay differentials to manage a complex workforce, including a mix of union and non-union employees with several collective agreements in place, is paramount for Woodbine. Workforce Dimensions helps the organization adhere to complex pay and schedule rules, adopted business practices, and the Ontario Employment Standards Act, which protects workers’ rights and ensures employees are treated fairly.
- Guided by industry best practices and the expertise of Kronos customer success and strategic advisory teams, Woodbine saved significant time migrating to Workforce Dimensions. As a cloud-native solution built on the powerful Kronos D5 platform, Workforce Dimensions ensures Woodbine has a future-ready IT infrastructure in place, making future integrations and platform extensibility easier and more impactful for employees and the business.
Tania Caza, senior vice president, people experience, Woodbine Entertainment
“Woodbine Entertainment is committed to providing an engaging and empowering employee experience to help maintain and grow our award-winning workplace culture. We are hyper-focused on ensuring all employees have the support and tools they need to succeed, and one of the ways we’re doing that is by investing in innovative technology such as Workforce Dimensions. It’s also imperative we provide guests with a superior customer experience – and happy, engaged employees are essential to that success. Workforce Dimensions is the best solution to help us reach those goals and gives us the competitive edge we need to remain a leader in our industry.”
Amanda Nichols, senior manager, retail, hospitality, and food service practice group, Kronos
“Today’s hospitality providers know that engaged employees are an increasingly crucial part of their overall guest experience. Guests will remember if things don’t go well; they’ll also reward organizations that provide exceptional service, with future business. Organizations such as Woodbine, that put workforce management at the center of their employee experience strategy, will empower employees and unburden managers, cultivating a welcoming environment that will delight guests and create customers for life.”
- About Woodbine Entertainment.
- Ventana Research has ranked Workforce Dimensions #1 in the “2019 Workforce Management Value Index Vendor and Category Report.”
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how to transform employee engagement into a growth strategy in his new book, “WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.”
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is a leading provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-centric workforce applications are purpose-built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions, and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations — including half of the Fortune 1000® — and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day. Visit www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works.
© 2019 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos and the Kronos logo are registered trademarks and Workforce Innovation That Works is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. See a complete list of Kronos trademarks. All other trademarks, if any, are property of their respective owners.